Wednesday, April 16, 2008

puppy love ;)

love


oops!! It's not about me. I was verbally tagged (boleh ke cam tu? heheheee..) by a lovely Misz A, to 'reveal' any situation that I had to handle during my tenure as a College Counselor in my previous workplace.


Before I proceed, let me make one declaration here. By right, a Counselor shall keep a secret (any case that he/she had to handle) from anybody unless it could endanger the client (a person who went for counseling session) or others who involved in the particular situation. In other words, a Counselor shouldn't blabber about the case.


This particular story that I'm gonna write is not a serious case. It was not even a proper counseling session. It was just like an advising session between a sister and her younger brother. I'm sharing the story with a hope that my young silent readers would take this as a point to ponder.


Richard (not a real name) came to see me in my office on one particular day, after being graduated from the college. I was quite close to Richard as he's holding a position that has to do with my jobscope. He came to see me quite often while he was a student. He was a very friendly and jolly guy indeed. That day, he was not like he used to be. He looked upset. I asked him whether he wanted to share anything with me. He was quiet at first. Then he started to talk, bit by bit.


It was about his girlfriend name Cindy (a fake name) who was a few years younger than him. The girl was my student too. I knew Cindy quite well - the good and the bad. Richard told me, Cindy didn't 'want' him anymore.

"Dia dah ada orang lain, puan..."

I was laughing inside when he uttered that to me. Its not that I was happy he's being dumped. No!! I pity for him actually. I was laughing because I had told him once that the girl didn't deserve him. Of course I didn't tell Richard about all the bad things I knew about Cindy. I would never tell him. But, I did tell him to think several times before starting a love affair with Cindy.


For me, Richard was much better in terms of personality, behavior and looks! Well, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Who cares huh! Since I was quite close to Richard, I told Richard,

"Saya rasa, dia tak sepadan dengan awak. Awak deserve yang lebih baik.."

He just smiled then, denying my statement. But, that day, he was gloomy. He told me how Cindy had distanced herself after Richard graduated from the college. According to Richard's friends, Cindy became close with a guy who was younger than her (another guy in the same college - her junior!). They saw Cindy always went out with this guy.


I remember seeing Richard and Cindy a few months before Richard left the college. They were very closed as 'a couple'. Cindy was always there when Richard needed him. She even took care of Richard when he was hospitalized. When I went to visit Richard in the hospital, I saw her sitting besides his bed. She was blushing when she noticed me walking towards the room (malu malu la tu.. ;))


Whenever Richard came to see me, Cindy's name was always on his lips. He asked for Cindy's certificate. He asked about Cindy's performance. Of course I didn't disclose things to him. He had to ask the girlfriend himself. Hello.... I'm a Counselor, not Cindy's mother. Though we're closed, that doesn't mean I could tell him everything.


I told Richard to be patient (I didn't tell him padan muka though.. tak nak dengar cakap orang sangat. I should? hehee..). He deserved a much better girl. He has got the looks and personality. He's not convinced then because he was still frustrated. I guess by now, he's got a new girlfriend already yippee!! heheheee... (only my guess laaa)


About a year and a half after that, Cindy's new boyfriend came to see me. He was asking for Cindy's excellent performance certificate (Cindy has left the college - graduated). I told myself,

"you'll be another Richard one day..."

and smiling while passing the certificate to him (by the way, Cindy asked me to give the cert to that guy).



Moral of the story:

always give a 100% doubt instead of 100% trust to a new boyfriend/girlfriend!


15 sugar & spice:

Shah CJ said...

setuju dgn kak neeza.. berhati2 dgn keputusan yang diambil. dn jgn mudah percaya dgn org baru dikenali. yg dh lama pula kena berhati2.

kata ahli hikmah: sejahat2 musuhmu adalah sahabat baikmu sendiri, jika kau tersalah memilih sahabat..

misz_A said...

i wonder who is that boy....hmmm..

yusztiey said...

salamm

hohohooooo..cepat tul wak n3 baru sapa tok de nok tulis komen kat n3 yg lps22...huhuhuu...
tabik22222 la ko kak ja niiihh

Anonymous said...

kadang kadang laaa...
time belajar tu, its sama jer either to lelaki or pompuan. maksudnya, dalam kes si richard ni, memang dia encem dan ada segalanya; tapi TAK ADA orang nak kat dia (maybe dia tak pandai ayat or whatsoever) kecuali si cindy neh. so makanya dia pun berkapel la ngan si cindy neh.... baik ker buruk ker hodoh ker lawa ker cindy neh, itu soal lain.. janji ada orang nak kat aku dan aku sama macam orang lain... ada awek gak.
namun.. as times goes by; the more richard realise or the wider their friendship span... baru ler tau bahawa itu adalah indah khabar jer...
normal la kan!
tapi kes cindy tu, no comments ah.. mungkin dia suka tukar tukar pasangan kot.

a two cents view dari seorang bukan kaunselor atau ahli psikologi, antropologi atau ubatgigi

Mak Teh said...

Mak tehpun sekarang dah kena jadi kaunselor. Remaja-remaja sedang membesar, macam-macam hal lah. Sometimes kita nak pandang enteng je tapi bagi mereka apa yang mereka lalui itu adalah perkara yang besar sangat.

pB said...

salam ...


orghe kato


kalu sayae tu , jangae sepenuhnyer

kalu benci pun , jangae sesungguhnyer

sebab

may b

satu hari

orghe hok kito sayae tu , akae jadi orghe hok paling kito benci

n

orghe hok kito benci dulu , chemuh dulu akae jadi orghe hok paling kito sayae n paling penting dalae hidup kito ...

Neeza Shahril said...

Cikgu,

kadang2 orang yang kita sangka musuh tu sebenarnya baik dan sebaliknya..

===================================

Misz_A,

He is..... hehehe.. takpelah, dia takde dah kat situ hehehe..

===================================

Tiey,

seghemo entry kak Ja lepah ni masuk jadual doh.. tunggu nok tubik jah.. Kak Ja wak guno blogger in draft.. hehee..

Neeza Shahril said...

Abanglong,

apa yang abanglong cakap tu pernah jadi kat seseorang yang neeza kenal sangat2. Bila dah ada orang suka kat dia, ramai lah pulak. Masa tu barulah dia pandai memilih.

Kes Cindy tu neeza lebih rasa, dia ni tak tahan dengan long distance relationship.. nak berkepit aje manjang...

btw, abanglong, neeza pun bukanlah ahli psychology. Tak cukup belajar lagi. Kaunselor bertauliah memang bukan pun. Antropologi pulak lagi la tak.. hehehe...

===================================

Mak Teh,

betul tu Mak Teh. Memang ramai orang dewasa lupa yang kita dulu pernah kecil. Kita tak ingat apa yang kita rasa besar tapi orang tua (masa tu) rasa tak penting.

Macam Mak Teh, memang banyak kena hadapi kes2 macam tu kan. Mereka rasa apa yang mereka hadapi tu macam gunung berapi besarnya. walhal bagi kita, ala.. small matter. Kalau kita tak tengok dari sudut dia, susah untuk kita didik mereka.

Syabas Mak Teh! Neeza rasa Mak Teh telah mendidik mereka dengan baik....

===================================

Kak pb,

Hok tu memae Nija setuju benaa.. sebaknyo banyok saing saing hok Nija kelih, maso belajar, beci bena la.. tok leh nok kelih muko. Alih alih denga, nikoh doh heiiii.. hehehee...

hok kito dok sayae bena bena tu pulok, sedak sedak jah wak pe'ei.. maso tu ghasonyo nok sepak teghajae jah.. hehehe..

neomesuff said...

power to cindy!!! hehe

silversarina said...

Untung jadi kaunselor , remaja terutamanya memang memerlukan seseorang untuk meluahkan apa yang terbuku di hati .... dalam kes richard ni , memang satu pengajaran buatnya .....

Fadzilayaty Ramli said...

aiseh..sis kaunselor ker..? leh la mintak di kaunsel kan..

Neeza Shahril said...

Neome,

hehehe... power tu lama2 padam kot...

===================================

Kak Rina,

kadang2 penat kerja kaunselor Kak Rina sebab orang expect kaunselor takde problem. Asyik nak kena tolong orang yang bermasalah tapi masalah sendiri takde sape nak tolong huhuuuu...

===================================

Fadzila,

hehehe.. tak bertauliah pun sebenarnya Fadzila.. ;)

zino said...

kalau dah cinta tu mana nak nampak benda2 yg tak baik.. hehe..

l i e y n said...

kak neeza ni cite psl sape ekk?mcm tau je....

Neeza Shahril said...

Lieyn,

hehehe.. mungkin ramai yang tahu.. tapi biarlah.. asalkan bukan dari mulut akak.. errrr.. nama dia start huruf apa lieyn? hehehee..